Route 97 Tourism marketing Program - UPDATED August 2016
In partnership with Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association, NCWEDD is pleased to provide an update on the Route 97 Touring Program.
The re-development of route97.net was the first initiative in the digital strategy for Route 97. We recently re-launched the site and added a BLOG with the new digital team at TOTA who will be working over the coming year on creating awareness and driving traffic to the site. The printed map guide was released in time for the May long weekend and poster size maps distributed to Visitor Centres in the region. The social media hub is powered by Hashtagio which allows key messages to be linked from the tiles as well as draw in social media feeds from several sources. The digital strategy includes new content by season and sector, contesting, Google Ad Pay-Per-Click campaign, social media content and digital advertising.
Join us in getting the message out about the touring route and the road trips that make up the uniqueness of the Interior Cascades that encompasses the entire Thompson Okanagan Region and North Central Washington which include more than just the Highway 97 main artery.
As a stakeholder in the Interior Cascades area of Route 97 we invite you to be part of the program by:
- Hyperlinking to Route 97 from the footer of your website: download PNG logo file and link to http://route97.net/
- Share your favorite pages from the website or social media channels
- Post key events from your community, business or organization for FREE at http://route97.net/events/
- Partner in a cooperative advertising opportunity in digital or digital/print combo (see information below)
- Provide feedback on the website – we will be developing new sections over the next year as well
- Share your imagery for use on the website, social media, Blog, etc.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (We’ll follow you back)
- “Mention” us in your posts and share our posts to your followers
- Use #route97 on your social media content
- Retweet/share and like our posts in Twitter and Facebook
- Like and comment on our photos on Instagram
- Facebook: Handle: Route 97 https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverRoute97
- Twitter: Handle: @Discover Route 97 https://twitter.com/DiscoverRoute97
- Instagram: Handle: discoverroute97 https://www.instagram.com/discoverroute97/
Contact Simone at TOTA for more information on the Route 97 initiative and let’s work together to showcase this amazing place!
Industry and Community Development Specialist
Tel: 250.860.5999 Ext. 214
The Mission of the North Central Washington Economic Development District is:
"To promote diversification and development of existing and potential economic opportunities that enhance the stability and future of the NCW region."
The North Central Washington Economic Development District (NCWEDD) is a federally designated economic development district for the NCW region covering Okanogan, Douglas, and Chelan counties and the Colville Confederate Tribes.
The NCWEDD is responsible for regional economic development strategy and planning and collaborates with various private and public agencies to accomplish this goal. The NCWEDD brings together the private and public sectors in a partnership necessary to provide a coordinated strategy and an ongoing economic development program for the region.
Most of the communities and economic entities within our geographic reach understand the benefits of the NCWEDD and thus elect to establish membership within the organization. The NCWEDD is governed by a Board of Directors chosen from our membership and the Board elects officers to oversee operations. Committees are established to progress the work of the NCWEDD as needed. As such, the NCWEDD has become a beneficial driving force for the North Central Washington region.
The NCWEDD meets on the second Wednesday of each month at the Chelan City Hall, 135 East Johnson, Chelan, Washington from 8:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. All meetings are open to the public.
The NCWEDD News Room
News Release October 7, 2015 NCWEDD Regional Impacts
REGIONAL IMPACTS North Central Washington Economic Development (NCWEDD) has been awarded federal grants in the amount of $160,875 in since…
Request For Proposals for Bookkeeping Services
Request for Proposals for Bookkeeping Service DOWNLOAD COMPLETE PDF The North Central Washington Economic Development District (NCWEDD) seeks proposals to…
NCWEDD announces Priority Project Rankings for 2015
For immediate release: June 24, 2015 For more information, please contact: Craig Larsen, Port of Chelan County, Business Development Director…