The North Central Washington Economic Development District will be characterized by a vibrant and diverse economy.
To promote diversification and development of existing and potential economic opportunities that enhance the stability and future of the NCW region.
Guiding principles establish a broader framework for the EDD vision and mission statements. They identify a set of values critical to the success of achieving our vision. Though each of these principles stands alone in reflecting our committee’s values, it is recognized that some may either complement or conflict with others. The ideal projects will balance competing principles when possible.
- We recognize the importance of maintaining rural lifestyles and enhancing the quality of life.
- We value the preservation of unique and significant natural and cultural resources, and respect diverse cultures.
- We encourage participation of all citizens and consensus-based planning and recognize that success requires a long-term commitment.
- We value the importance of understanding our regional economy and using that to shape the future.
- We believe partnerships expand opportunities.
- We encourage sustainable economic development, believing that the integration of community, economy and environment is key to success
- We play a leadership role for regional economic development in the region.
- We believe in building on our strengths, supporting the maintenance and preservation of existing business and infrastructure.