Discover Route 97 is a joint partnership between the Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association (TOTA) and the North Central Washington Economic Development District (NCWEDD). This partnership has the full and active support of elected officials from three counties and their cities in Washington State (Okanogan, Chelan, and Douglas), the elected officials from the three Regional Districts and their communities in British Columbia (RDOS, CORD, NORD), the Colville confederated Tribes and the Okanagan Nations Alliance.
Part of the mission of this alliance is to promote this unique region, with particular emphasis on the Highway 97 corridor and all its tributaries, for the benefit of all its varied communities.
The Interior Cascades section of Route 97 is the ribbon of highway that binds each community area around it with the next, stretching from the Cascade foothills of the Wenatchee National Forest through Washington’s Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan Counties and crossing the Canadian border into British Columbia’s Thompson-Okanagan Region then, onward to Alaska.
1. Increase tourism revenues in the Interior Cascades area of Route 97
2. Create awareness of the Interior Cascades section of “Route 97” as a desirable North American touring route, (which spans from Weed, California and North to Alaska) targeting international and North American markets specifically Washington State, British Columbia and Alberta
3. Develop the brand story, corresponding marketing materials, digital footprint and promotional mix to drive referrals and ultimately sales to our operators
4. Align partners throughout Route 97
Route97.net Introduces the Destination Guest Blog Program
Promote you destination through the Route 97 blog.
Route 97 targets the touring and exploring markets in BC, AB and WA. Share your destination story by submitting a Blog! All blogs will be reviewed prior to publishing and we will add a link to the corresponding Route 97 road trip page that features your community.
These blogs would not only feature your town or community but would see traffic from the Route 97 website, as well as online distribution through social media.
If you'd like to participate, please submit the following:
- Less than 500 words ideally focused around a central theme or idea. The goal is to use this as native advertising, no need to sell, sell, sell. Some examples: 5 Things to Do in Merritt, 24 Hours in Kamloops, 3 Parks to Camp at This Summer, etc. Keep the content light, informative, and consumer-friendly. Make sure any outbound links are provided.
- Photos for consideration. Destination BC brand imagery preferred. User-Generated Content can also be sourced. Please provide photo credits where necessary.
- The name of the blogger (if applicable) or the organization for credit.
- Images need to be at least 1200px wide, can be any shape or size as long as resolution is med-high.
Email content to: Niki Kennedy, Digital Marketing Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the Route 97 program visit http://totabc.org/programs/route-97/ or contact me directly.
In partnership with Thompson Okanogan, let's promote this amazing region together!
Social media and Google Pay-Per-Click campaigns are the focus of our digital promotions. The Route 97 website call to action for travel information links to all official destination websites and visitor centers from the Contact Us section as well as select pages throughout the site.
Destination Canada Partnership – Spring / Summer Campaign
Spring / Summer Washington Campaign. In partnership with Destination Canada, the Seattle Campaign was launched Spring 2017 to create awareness and drive interest to Route 97 through a dedicated Seattle campaign. Utilizing Environics Analytics PRIZM 5 data mapped to the Destination Canada Explorer Quotient traveller types, the campaign targets Authentic Experiencers and Cultural Explorers in key sections of Seattle. A dedicated landing page and supporting campaign pages are embedded in the Route 97 website for this market. The campaign includes direct mail targeted by postal code and Explorer Type, contesting, Pay-Per-Click advertising, social media advertising and content creation.
For more information on the Route 97 Touring Program visit us online at http://totabc.org/programs/route-97/
The second edition of the Route 97 Guide were distributed to hotels, visitor centers and chambers of commerce in May 2017. The 64 page guide plus 8 page insert map cover more information on the road trips and loops to move people in and around the entire region. An increased print run to 40,000 and increased distribution at consumer shows through our partnership with the Camping and RVing BC Coalition and CanaDream RV Rentals through Vancouver and Calgary will get more guides into the hands of travellers. Distribution area includes North Central Washington and Thompson Okanagan region Visitor Centres, Duty Free Shops on both sides of the border and select locations. The 2x3’poster size map will also be available for distribution to visitor centers and select locations throughout the region.